Problem with Lemark 7675 all in one printer

teddybear154 19:44 18 Dec 2009

I have a really strange problem. I treated my self to a new all in one print for home about a week ago. Its a Lemark 7675 all in one, Which is a printer, scanner, copier & fax in one. I am very please with it over all. But yesterday I tried to send a fax for the first time, to see what the fax machine function was like before throwing away my old fax machine. It seemed to work fine and sent the fax fine, but as soon as it had finished sending and had printed report it started dialing again. It did not show what number it was dialing. I canceled it and it stopped. a minute later I found out who it had dialled when the police phoned me. The fax had dialled the police. I felt so embarressed. I tried again to send a fax today and it did the same thing as soon as it had finish sending fax it started dialling and phoned the police. I got in to real trouble with the police today. I have pulled the phone line out of the printer and am scared to try and send another fax in case the printer does this again.

What can I do to stop the printer from phoning the police after each fax I send. I have looked through the setting on the printer and can't find any thing. Is there any way to sort out this problem. Or is the printer partially faulty. Whould I be able to return the printer to shop with this kind of problem. As the printer isnt really faulty it works in every other way. I don't under stand why the printer is doing this or even how.

Has any one else had this problem.

Any advice would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

GaT7 19:57 18 Dec 2009

Have you tried contacting Lexmark click here about it? Support page for your printer is at click here, where you can make use of the free Live Chat from Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm.

Apologies, but that made me laugh so much, I almost....the rest is best left unsaid I think :-)). G

teddybear154 20:00 18 Dec 2009

Thanks Ill try contacting lemark that way, I tried phoning lemark but could not get through via phone It was continually engaged or I was put on hold.
I know it does sound funny but it isn't funny when you get the police phoning back shouting at you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?