Private Hire/Taxi booking Software

BigAl127 07:24 08 Oct 2003

I have recently started my own company and currently run 2 cars (hope to have around 10 - 20 cars in next 12 months)and I would like to convert my manual paper method of bookings into a computerised method.

Most programs cost around £1000, which is out of my league at the moment.

Anyone know of a cheap or free access/excel program that might be of use in the short term.

Thanks for your help!

tbh72 13:13 08 Oct 2003

click here

This seems to be a comprehensive piece of software, and is priced at £299.99. It might provide a total solution for you at a fixed price. They also offer networked versions which will no doubt be needed if your running 20 vehicles.

Stuartli 13:43 08 Oct 2003

At least two of our local taxi services operate fully computerised systems (bookings are sent directly to drivers' individual screens in the vehice), along with a ringback facility.

This will ring your mobile, home or outside phone number just as the taxi is about to reach you - it's a security aspect that's proving very popular.

Taran 14:09 08 Oct 2003

A simple taxi use accounting spreadsheet for next to nothing: click here

A reasonable full system for £300 is at click here

Hope this helps.

Regards

Taran

BigAl127 18:34 08 Oct 2003

I have looked at several systems and so far i've found them to be either to basics or way over the top for my needs. Looks like I might have to learn more of Access, than I already know, to design my own version. If only there were 25 hours in a day, and 8 days in a week.

tbh72
Sounds a decent program, so going to contact them for a demo if possible.

Taran
Downloading the taxi-pro demo, will let you know what I think later.

bfc_tangerine 05:22 11 Oct 2003

the systems stuartli mentioned are autocab and auriga but both are mega money!! what exactly are you wanting this system to do? are you staying on voice?

BigAl127 19:13 11 Oct 2003

Hi bfc_tangerine

I only need a fairly basic system initially, with a booking and despatch screens,basic accounts & driver details etc. In the foreseeable future we intend to remain on voice.

At present each day uses 5 sheets (printed one side only) of A4 paper for our manual system. Obviously I want to keep costs as low as possible, as the licences, vehicle plates, and insurance etc have already cost a small fortune.

Thanks in advance

bfc_tangerine 21:25 11 Oct 2003

Just had a look at the link from taran, looks ok but very slow input of jobs.

I'll have a look around on Monday and post back soon.

Taran 11:59 12 Oct 2003

Have you tried speaking with telephone system suppliers ?

Many telephone suppliers for small office networks offer caller ID, customer logging and booking software solutions specifically for taxi companies and similar use.

Just a thought.

T

bfc_tangerine 18:54 16 Oct 2003

Sorry it's taken so long, I found a letter from Cab Master that might interest you so will scan it and email to you.

This is the best I could come up with, hope it's of use!!

bfc_tangerine 18:56 16 Oct 2003

I've just tried to email you but unfortunately the link doesn't seem to be working. If you can email me, please do then I can reply!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone