Printrite ink cartridges.

polo 23:13 20 Nov 2006

I recently posted this but spelt the heading incorrectly so I have 'resolved' the incorrect one and am repeating it here.
I've used Prinrite inks on my Epson printers for about 5 years and they've been wonderful and have cost only£1.50 for black and £2.50 colour. I've always bought from tonezoneuk.com postfree next day delivery, but they now don't sell them and say Printrite have gone into liquidation. Sounds odd cos other firms are still selling them but at more than double the price. Can anyone throw light on the siuation here? It's important to me because I print a lot of colour and all my gear has been calibrated to Printrite inks.

Stuartli 00:08 21 Nov 2006

The reason may be that Epson has taken steps in recent times to curtail the sale of compatible Epson inkjet cartridges.

Try click here

About £4, for instance, for a full set of six compatible cartridges for an Epson R200 or R300. These are Sumvision branded compatibles (the firm noted for MP3 players and similar products).

The same cartridges appear to be rebranded by other companies but at higher cost.

spuds 10:46 21 Nov 2006

As Stuartli as rightly stated, Epson commenced taking action against certain companies who were supplying or providing compatible products for Epson machines.This made other compatible product suppliers run a little scared of Epson, and a shortage of supplies became evident. Choice Stationary started to manufacture 'off copyright' cartridges for Epson products, but by doing so, the price increased.

I use an Epson C86, and by shopping around, I can still obtain supplies at less than a £1.00 each per compatible cartridge, any colour.

polo 12:06 21 Nov 2006

Yes I remember that law suit and I bought in a bit of a stock at the time but then found that it only referred to sales in the USA. I have to have actually Printrite and not other compatables as all my gear is calibrated to that ink and with the work I do exact colour is important. Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?