Price You See

AccessMoron 21:38 18 Sep 2004

Just found an internets site that are selling a boat at a very cheap price.

If i purchase on line, are they obliged to sell it to me at that price?

Diodorus Siculus 21:52 18 Sep 2004

Check the terms of the site.

If it says E&OE it means that any errors / ommisions are excluded.

They are not obliged to sell it till they have accepted your offer and sent you an agreement.

Forum Editor 22:47 18 Sep 2004

you're not seriously contemplating buying a boat online?

If you are, then heed the advice offered by Diodorus Siculus. In fact, the site doesn't even have to include the E&OE statement - they do not have to sell at the advertised price until and unless you offer to pay it and they accept your offer.

wee eddie 22:48 18 Sep 2004

If fibre glass, this problem is more or less terminal.

Where is it?

Are you sure of what is on offer?

spuds 22:55 18 Sep 2004

The golden rule, always inspect a boat or any type of water user craft before purchase, unless it is brand new with a good sound warranty, from a reputable/checkable source.This also applies to motor power, like an outboard or inboard engine.

ensonricky 01:20 19 Sep 2004

If it does turn out to have a porous hull you can always return it under the distance selling regulations. That's if it's not at the bottom of the sea. I wouldn't fancy the return postage or cost of packaging though.

spuds 11:04 19 Sep 2004

The Consumer Protection [Distance Selling] Regulation 2000 only applies to boni fidi traders, not the general public with a private sale.

If you would like to hear boat purchasing stories, then I have a nice file containing some real events :o(

Stuartli 15:39 19 Sep 2004

Are you sure that it's not a model..:-)

Stuartli 15:45 19 Sep 2004

See the frauds scam warning at:

click here

Couldn't resist this one (forgive me!):

click here

AccessMoron 14:05 20 Sep 2004
  Stuartli 15:50 20 Sep 2004

In view of the numerous appalling spelling errors, which don't exactly inspire confidence, might be worth making enquiries through the Bristol Chamber of Commerce's secretary regarding wet-windy's status:

click here

However, there are numerous references to the outlet on google.

You haven't informed us, by the way, exactly which is the boat you have in mind.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

ManvsMachine win UK's only Gold Design Cannes Lions award

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?