Price differences between domain registration.....

ajm 01:18 01 Oct 2005

.....companies. I decided to register another .co.uk domain name. I have an exisiting dmain name with easyspace.com. My first port of call was their web site and entering the domain details i was quoted a price of approx £13 for 2 years. Sounded good to me and was about to purchase it. However went to 1&1.co.uk and entered the same details and was quoted £4.68 for the same domain name. This is a vast difference in % wise for the same dmain registratiion name. Registered the dmain name with 1&1.

Have any forum members used 1&1 to register/host their domains and what are your experinces like?

spuds 10:57 01 Oct 2005

I use 1&1 on a regular basis,and have done so for a few years now and I would recommend them. Like most companies they have had problems, but these have never affected my usage, and by experience I would consider that they have resolved past issues.

Once you register with 1&1, you may find that they will contact you with special offers. Recently I was offered a free six month extension to a couple of my packages, which made a nice surprise. In general, their packages offer very good value for money with very little complications. Would add that registering a domain and receiving the Nominet document, now takes between five to eight weeks, depending on Nominets workload.But of course, your domain is registered to you on a 1&1 availabilty check, which is usually instant on contract payment.

Retired Hurt 12:44 01 Oct 2005

I, too, use 1&1 - no problems - good value

Chris3nt 23:44 12 Oct 2005

I cancelled my 1&1 account a few months ago but today I received an email from Nominet.org.uk requesting £94.00 for my domain renewal.

This would have only cost a couple of quid with 1&1.

Is this a rip off or what?

slowhand_1000 00:00 13 Oct 2005

I have been with 1&1 for 3 years or so and on the whole have had no problems.

spuds 11:50 13 Oct 2005

Chris3nt--Why would Nominet request £94.00 for the domain renewal, could there be a slight error and the request is from another domain registering company, "Pay-up before you lose!"type of campaign!.

Chris3nt 23:59 26 Oct 2005

Spuds -- Sorry for delay in responding, been on holiday, when I click on the link in the email it takes me to click here
Have checked this out and it seem to belong to Nominet. I have'nt paid anything.

Chris3nt 00:02 27 Oct 2005

Spuds.

Just noticed that the link address has been changed to Click Here, the address is "click here".

Chris3nt 00:03 27 Oct 2005

Spuds, I give up it has changed it again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)