Praise for Talktalk

prb 20:30 29 Oct 2008

Yes you did read that right! I called Talktalk on Saturday as my broadband had dropped - I thought it was a problem with the line as both us and the in-laws (just up the road) had the same problem earlier in the week.

Anyway their people couldn't fix it, and so put me on to the 2nd line support people (only slight gripe was the length of time it took to get through) who tried all they could before promising to pass it on to their engineers. Before hanging up, the operator (Cherrain) promised to call me Monday to update on progress.

In the meantime I found out that the in-laws broadband was working, and so borrowed their modem. Sure enough line was working, it was my (non-talktalk) router that was at fault however I seemed to have a very slow internet connection. Cherrain called on Monday as promised, at which point I explained that the problem was my end, and not with the line, but also mentioned the connection speed. As I was picking up new router Monday night, she said she would call again Wednesday to check on progress. Sure enough this afternoon she called again, and was able to increase broadband speed as well.

Praise where it's due - a very good example of customer sevice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?