Praise for an online supplier

Cannuck 20:12 18 Nov 2005

I was looking around for a new Digital camera, and discovered the new Fuji S9500, priced anywhere from £399.00 to over £550.00. The cheapest place for the camera, on it's own, (no extras like a CF card, battery charger and carry case), with a 1 year warranty, was PC World. Incidentally PC World was selling it at £499.00 a week ago.
The cheapest place online was Pixmania at £403.00 for the basic camera and 1 year warranty. After reading some of the threads about warranty and return problems with Pixmania, I'm glad I kept away from them.
I decided to purchase the camera from UK Digital Cameras, online. Their price for the basic camera was £435.00, but they offered 2 different "bundles", and I opted for the £499.00 bundle. This included the camera, a 1gb CF card, Battery Charger with 4 rechargeable batteries, and an excellent camera bag, along with a 2 year warranty. Putting that all together made this the best deal.
I placed the order, online, at 4.45pm Tuesday, and the goods were delivered at 11.30 AM on Wednesday, by Parcel Force. Everything was there as advertised. I found it hard to believe that the postman was delivering the camera, only 18 hours after ordering it in London to my home in Ayrshire.
I say a job well done by UK Digital Cameras, and Parcel Force.
Incidentally what a great camera.

rdave13 20:30 18 Nov 2005

Nice to hear praise for some UK companies.Good one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?