£500 Desktop PC

anthony82 12:16 18 Jan 2014

Hi, I would really appreciate some advice or recommendations on buying a PC desktop. My budget is £500-£600. I don’t do gaming, but I take a lot of photos to be stored and I manipulate these on Photoshop. I also do a fair amount of video editing and storing. I have been looking at (amongst many others) the Chillblast Fusion Opal. These are the basic specs: Intel Core i5 4570 3.2 Ghz; Asus 885M-G Motherboard; Intel GMA HD Graphics; 8GB PC3-10666 DDR3 Memory; 1000GB SATA 7200rpm Hard Disc; 500w EZCool PSU; Windows 7. Including 23.6 Ilyama X2377 TFT Monitor,. Keyboard and Mouse. The price is £549. I would welcome opinions on this and any comments on Chillblast. Thank tou very much.

spuds 13:45 18 Jan 2014

Wasn't this or a similar request posted previously?.

If it was, then it might pay to check the PCA archives!.

rdave13 23:09 18 Jan 2014

If you have a monitor, keyboard and mouse already then why not look for a tower only. You'll get higher specs for the money. Upgrade the monitor at a later date if needed and you get the finances to do so. Chillblast are a good company, well thought of here.

anthony82 14:03 19 Jan 2014

Thank you for your replies. Yes there was a very similar post to mine asking about a Chillblast PC, but he wanted to pay far more money than me. I did consider a tower only and upgrade the monitor later, but my old Dell monitor seems far less bright than it used to be, also it is only 17". The Chillblast included screen is 23" which would be much easier to work on. I wanted to be reassured that the the specs would make a well balanced PC and that the company could be trusted. I think I probably have confirmation of both. Thanks

Proclaimer 17:04 24 Jan 2014

Try Ginger6, I have used that site for 2 PC's and had no issues.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?