Post Office Broadband

pchelper001 16:43 15 Jan 2008

Does anyone know what router comes with post office broadband extra? Any other info on this package welcome...

FatboySlim71 09:19 17 Jan 2008

On looking on there now I could only find mention of "wireless router included" but no mention to what make/model it is. The only thing I could suggest is that you could email them using the contact facility on their web site, the link to this is below. Also, this will give you a possible insight to what their customer service is like!

click here

HondaMan 09:53 17 Jan 2008

Does it matter? I would have thought that would be a minor consideration after speed, reliability, contention ratio, download cap - if any, number of email addresses - 1 really is too few, and customer service. After all, you can easily buy whichever router you really want.

pchelper001 10:33 17 Jan 2008

thanks guys.

Stuartli 10:36 17 Jan 2008

As the Post Office operates as a Virtual ISP, discovering who provides its broadband service is more important than what the model of router may be.

I would personally stick to picking a recognised, reliable ISP...:-)

pchelper001 11:59 17 Jan 2008

post office broadband is a resell of bt broadband

pchelper001 12:00 17 Jan 2008

i'm with aol at the moment, and the service they provide really is crap, and so is the speed...which many of you guys in these forums have tried and failed to help me fix, so i just thought giving another provider a go.

fishytroll 13:11 18 Feb 2008

The router is a netgear DG834GSP, I went live today, no prob with internet access but email....crap..getting to your email....crap and they don't publish settings to allow you to use thunderbird or suchlike. They really need to make this more adaptable and user friendly.

tillybaby 13:39 18 Feb 2008

No idea about their broadband service but I am with them for landline and calls until tomorrow when I go back to BT because of the terrible customer service I received with the post office.

gazzaho 15:01 18 Feb 2008

I can't comment on their broadband service, all I can say is if they can't provide a reliable mail service, which in my opinion they can't, then how can they be expected to deliver a reliable broadband service?

ened 16:37 18 Feb 2008

I would echo fishytroll and say that a friend of mine uses them because he works on Post Office Counters. He is definitely not impressed and he moved from Tiscali!!!!

I think they are too new to be viable at the moment, also quite expensive if you don't work for the PO.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?