A positive experience with Kaspersky

gazzaho 01:06 27 Feb 2008

I just felt with all the bad experiences voiced on this forum that some good ones should be voiced as well.

I recently purchased Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 and after three or four hours of trying to come to terms with an apparently overly sensitive firewall section of the software I decided to send an email informing them of my dissatisfaction in using their product, and to demand a refund, to be honest while being polite the email was a little on the hot headed side as I’d written it when frustration was uppermost on my mind. I have to say that the reply to my email was courteous and polite and after requesting my order number, in order to reimburse my credit card, the amount was returned to my account within two days.

Although I had some problems with this software, as a result of the speedy and courteous manner in which I was treated I would have no problem recommending Kaspersky to anyone and at a later date may try an updated version of their software.

Dipso 21:42 27 Feb 2008

I bought 3 licences and have trial versions of KIS running well on 2 PC's one XP and one Vista but a further XP desktop is experiencing freezes/slowdowns etc. which I have narrowed down to KIS. I was going to go for a refund but I have been advised to use a diagnosis tool available on the Kaspersky site which should point out were the conflict lies, at least I now know if that doesn't come to anything a refund may be possible.

Kemistri 22:04 27 Feb 2008

Check that you do not have Application Integrity Control running. It may sound good, but it is not essential (and KIS won't moan at you if it is turned off) but it can cause issues. I had to find that out myself, though, through a lot of testing -- the tech support department had all sorts of suggestions apart from that one!

Kemistri 22:10 27 Feb 2008

Amendment -- It's the Application Activity Analyser module.

anniel34 14:36 28 Feb 2008

I also have Kaspersky 7 running on my PC and laptop.

I rate the programme very highly and their staff in UK are so courteous and patient with non techies like me.I have phoned them a few times and I also use the support forum, which is also very good.

I have now turned off my App. Activity Analyser and am going to see if that helps with the age that kaspersky takes to load.

Dipso 16:21 28 Feb 2008

Thanks Kemistri, I will try that.

Kemistri 16:34 28 Feb 2008

It might help. For me, it fixed the problems that I had with HIDs -- the touchpad would stop responding and the keyboard would often have a long delay -- and Firefox struggled to even load, much less run properly.

It's still a bit of a hog when updating just after boot up, though -- I usually have to wait for it to finish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?