Portable DAB Radio

bremner 19:18 13 Jan 2010

Does anyone know of a portable DAB radio that runs off batteries and mains and has the capability of connecting an external aerial.

I live in an area where an external aerial is recommended and can also suffer power cuts in bad weather.

Thanks

Forum Editor 23:21 13 Jan 2010

if the price is in line with your budget:-

click here

Al94 23:39 13 Jan 2010

I don't think you can connect an exterior aerial to that one.

KremmenUK 06:59 14 Jan 2010

The Pure One 'Mini' sounds just the ticket for you.

I've got 2 and they are superb.

I would recommend the Pure battery pack that will give you around 20 hours per charge.

It's mains or battery and it has a built in telescopic aerial that can be folded away as required.

bremner 08:31 14 Jan 2010

Thanks for the suggestions.

Looking on the Pure site it is not apparent that either the Evoke Mio or the Pure One Mini have capability for external aerial connection. Due to my location this is recommended.

I will go into town and have a look at both though.

morddwyd 08:53 14 Jan 2010

You obviously have your own requirements, but if power cuts are not an insurmountable problem, don't rule out internet radios.

I have a battery/mains one (actually two) and they work all over the house and garden.

If you can get a battery powered router (is there such a thing?) even the power problem is solved.

bremner 11:30 14 Jan 2010

I hadn't thought of Internet radio. I will have to look into the possiblity of battery router.

However the last time we had a power cut it took out the phones as well.

KremmenUK 15:19 14 Jan 2010

I have trouble with reception in my garage so I hooked up an external aerial and put a crocodile clip on the end.

When the radio is in the garage I extend the telescopic aerial and just clip to it.

bremner 18:02 22 Jan 2010

Managed to borrow a DAB and the reception was non existent with the incorporated telescopic aerial. Tried KremmensUK suggestion and there was some reception but poor.

Will stick with an FM radio.

Thanks for the suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?