Poor promises

Pirate56 13:22 01 Feb 2003

I ordered a Matrix 2400+M on 19th January and was told despatch date would be 27th for delivery on 28th. On 27th Mesh rang to say there was a conflict between motherboard and graphics card and would fit an M Force motherboard at no extra charge and despatch on 29th. As there was no delivery received, contacted Mesh who promised delivery today at their cost. Yesterday there was another call from Mesh to say that they were delivering now on Wednesday 5th February as they are waiting for a component for the motherboard. I e-mailed Mesh at 5p.m. yesterday but have had no response at all. Anybody want to open a bet on when it will arrive?

Stuartli 14:09 01 Feb 2003

I presume you mean unkept promises - you would never accept poor promises in the first place..:-)

If it doesn't arrive on February 5th then Mesh has continued to fail to keep its side of the contract and you can cancel the order and, if you were prepared, demand some form of compensation for your time, trouble, expense and a period of time without the use of the new computer.

Have you queried what was the alleged missing motherboard component?

spuds 18:07 01 Feb 2003

Hope your missing motherboard component isn't in the same nature of an experience that I had.The motherboard manufacturer had discontinued the model and parts were not available via Taiwan. The computer manufacturer took rather longer in obtaining a compatible mobo substitute, so eventually I received my computer rather [somewhat]later than expected.

Pirate56 20:29 09 Feb 2003

The system arrived on 5th February. IUt really is a nice system and all credit to Mesh. It is just a shame that their delivery promises do not match their build standards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?