poor customer service at" MICRODIRECT.CO.UK"

nundrey 22:55 03 Mar 2005

I purchased an mp3 player for my daughter at Xmas,so that she could use on the bus when going to school.It developed an apparent fault which i asked microdirect for advice.They duly sent me an RMA number.I sent the item back at my own cost.They have had the player for over 4 weeks and have not replied to all my emails. I am just fobbed off with "it still needs to be tested".
I am amazed that in this era of progress it is beyond them to simply plug the player to the usb port and locate the fault!!
What if it was a major purchase for a pc?
I would be without a functioning PC for over a month. "A Complete Farce"

spuds 22:59 03 Mar 2005

Possible help click here click here

Forum Editor 23:16 03 Mar 2005

of the supply of goods and services to consumers regulations the company must repair the item and return it to you in working order "within a reasonable time".

In my opinion a month is at the limit of what might be termed 'reasonable' in this case, and I advise you to write to Microdirect immediately.

Tell them that unless they return the repaired MP3 player to you within 7 days, or replace it with a new one, you will reject it as being unfit for its purpose and expect a full refund. Tell them that if they fail to acknowledge recipt of your notification, or to respond with a date by which you will have the player (or its replacement), you will report the matter to Trading standards. At the end of your email/letter put the following sentence (without the quotes):

"I reserve my rights in this matter".

nundrey 23:31 03 Mar 2005

Many thanks for your reply.Will write letter and send email.Keep you posted.Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?