Poor customer service from Laptops Direct and ACER

Andy Ush 20:39 17 Apr 2005

I purchased my machine from the 1300 series in Dec 04 as a christmas present to myself which I used early.

Within 3 weeks the machine suffered a power failure and having contacted laptops direct I was informed to use the acer warranty, which i did. The laptop was returned just over 2 weeks later and was damaged and with a different problem (My impression was that my hard drive had been placed into a different machine and returned to me.)

The machine was then returned to ACER in Mid Jan 05. Despite numerous phone calls to ACER the laptop has still not been returned some 12 weeks later with the ACER stating that they are awaiting parts.

I contacted Steve within the complaints dept at laptops direct on the phone and told him that I wanted a complete refund including the 3 yr warranty and my 17 year old sons computer game which was stuck returned. He promised to get back in touch with me but in the last 3 weeks has failed to even return my call or respond to my 3 e-mails.

I subsequently had to purchase another machine as I could not afford for both my sons and my own studies to suffer from such poor customer service.

I have sent another e-mail off to laptops direct tonight and am seeking legal representation this week.

Has anyone else had any similar dealings with these companies because a certain TV show is interested

I know that these companies look at these forums and await their response.

A Usher
Peterborough

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

Game of Thrones GIFs: how Eran Mendel is creating hilarious weekly GIFs based on each episode's…

How to increase storage on iPhone

Nokia 8 : rumeurs & soirée de lancement