pny v novavtech on 7600GS Video card

sunny staines 14:31 05 Apr 2007

apart from £3 more for the PNY would there be any any difference in these two cards, the free game with the pny would just be binned.

purchase is to replace dying novatech 6600.

keef66 14:55 05 Apr 2007

At first I'd have said probably no difference in hardware terms; do they both have the same warranty?

Is the Novatech 6600 on it's way out because the fan's failing? Could be that they use cheaper coolers than the brand names, in which case, go for the PNY

keef66 15:07 05 Apr 2007

how about this Gigabyte; no fan at all, and cheaper than the Novatech

click here

sunny staines 15:53 05 Apr 2007

never heard of "scan" are they a reliable supplier?

is it the same spec as the other 2 other than a simk in lieu of a fan?

looks a good option no more graphics card fans packing up.

keef66 22:54 08 Apr 2007

Scan highly regarded supplier on this forum.

It's the same spec as the other two cards as far as I can tell, apart from the cooler.

Passively cooled cards are usually dearer than their fan cooled equivalents, so I think the Gigabyte's a bargain

spuds 11:12 09 Apr 2007

Know nothing about the video card, but what I do know is PNY and Novatech provide a 1st class customer service regarding any products.

PNY are a French based company who I contacted about a problem regarding correct usage of one of their products. The female technician who dealt with the answers was brilliant, both in knowledge of the product, and her command in spoken and written English. Novatech like wise, with rapid responses to emails.

sunny staines 13:16 09 Apr 2007

thanks for all the advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone