PlusNet Broadband

Singerz 13:22 23 Jan 2006

Hi

I am looking for a new supplier of broadband for my business.

Does anyone have any experience of PlusNet Broadband?

Their pricing is very competitive (2Mbps for £26.99 per month and 1:10 contention ratio).

I'm looking to switch from Onetel who I have had no problems with but they are expensive (512Kbps for £39.99 per month). To upgrade they wanted to charge me £79.99 per month for 2 Mbps!!

Can you recommend any other Business Broadband Suppliers?

Thanks.

Rigga 15:05 23 Jan 2006

I have been with them for four years or so, but only have experience of them in a non business account. But for me they are excellent, and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

The employ traffic shaping, which gets most of the p2p people to use different isp's. That way most normal surfing through their network is fast.

HTH.
R.

P.S. If you do go with them, can I be cheeky and ask to be your referrer? my userid is RCCLTD. thanks.

BH34 09:52 24 Jan 2006

I am with Zen internet click here go with ZenADSLhome

ZenADSL broadband meets the Internet requirements of family and home-based professional users who need a faster, 'always on' connection at an easily budgetable fixed cost. There are no restrictions about how much time you spend online - ZenADSL lets you stay permanently connected without ANY online call charges.

This remarkable technology allows you to make and receive voice or fax calls on the same line that you use for your broadband connection, even if you are using the Internet at the same time. It can save the cost of a second line - and it will certainly add new possibilities to the way you use the telephone and the Internet.

ZenADSL Home offers Internet connection at super fast speeds allowing you to download information in a fraction of the time it takes with traditional dial-up connections. You can send and receive e-mail without waiting, play online games, listen to high quality audio in real time, and even watch or download VHS-quality films and video.

Singerz 10:08 24 Jan 2006

Thanks for your input. I don't doubt the quality of Zen but they seem expensive.

Zen ADSL Office 2000 is £85.78 per month!

BH34 10:35 24 Jan 2006

Not for the home-office

The broadband service for those looking for extra speed for single or multiple family users, teleworkers and small-office businesses. With bandwidth to spare, ZenADSL Home 1000 is ideal for home or office networks, and any situation where more speed is required at an affordable price.

BH34 10:38 24 Jan 2006

Have a look here click here

lignum vitae 10:55 24 Jan 2006

Try IDNET they are very good

pops1000uk 18:28 24 Jan 2006

I have f9 business premier 34.99+vat Supper fast connection I use VOIP!

pops1000uk 18:28 24 Jan 2006

I have f9 business premier 34.99+vat Supper fast connection I use VOIP!

HondaMan 09:53 25 Jan 2006

I use Force 9 Premier at £21.99. That has a fax to email facility and a contention ratio of up to 30:1.

Very reliable. They do a cheaper version at £14.99 but you loose the fax and have a contention ratio of up to 50:1

Rigga 11:44 25 Jan 2006

FYI Force9 are owned by Plus.net

R.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017