PlusNet

ami 18:45 09 Aug 2006

Is anyone else having problems with PlusNet?
I've been unable to connect now for 2 days, their telephone help sends you round in circles back to the same menu you started from. The only number that works is for the sales team where a rep advised me to change ISP's!
Their service status message is that they have no problems yet I'm told they are being inundated with complaints.
Are they about to fold??????

Stuartli 22:43 09 Aug 2006

>>Are they about to fold??????>>

What a ridiculous observation.

I know PlusNet has had some embarrassing moments lately but The Register, which would be amongst the first to post any thing amiss, last did a story on the company on July 20th.

Your remark that "I'm told they are being inundated with complaints" is most likely due to the loss of some subscribers' e-mails last month.

Not the happiest time for it but it's not the first ISP to suffer from such an incident.

esbe 22:49 09 Aug 2006

Hi, no probs at all my end.

Try checking/re-entering and saving your plusnet username & password in your router settings if you are using one, as that sometimes helps.

plusnet forum -
click here

cheers.

newearwax 07:07 10 Aug 2006

PN have admittd in a long email that they have had problems in recnt time and that they are trying with success to recitfy them. I too had long periods of no connection and with the same difficulty of getting through on the phone, In my own case it wa made worse by the aotomatic reply and options being at a very low volume. I am just coming up to seventy and hard of hearing.

When I had the problem of non-connection, I also had to phone my daughter who lives about a mile away and is on the same exchanfe and uses BT as her call provider. At my request she tried to log on and succeeded; I failed yet again.

My conclusion was that some problems are localised and beyond PN control.Could I be right?

rickf 09:21 10 Aug 2006

Try unplugging and plugging in again after 15-20mins and reconnect. Hope that helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?