Please help SONY admit power problem on my VAIO

PCG-K315m 09:55 16 Oct 2006

I have a VAIO PCG-K315M laptop. I bought it in Nov 2004 at Dixons. I bought VAIO because I trust and use the companies video cameras. Overheating began to cause serious disruptive problems in June 2006. Dixon's believed nothing abnormal with power lead/ adaptor heat in the early days. Sony were not interestrted in June. Normal running on mains has always had an over-heating effect on the charging adaptor. It also has a huge adaptor the weight of a smaller laptop. That reduced mobility suggests it is not fit for purpose alone. The battery appears to have packed in... it holds the charge but the power connection displayed intermittent charge. This VAIO is now a £1,000 paperweight.
I am told by the experts that it has a 7.5v power requirement passing through necessary to power this model. They tell me that at least one of the holes in the adaptor lead close to the adaptor unit is as a consequence of overheating. One tells nme it may be fused.
Consumer advice tells me that I must deal with Dixons. A smartass at Dixons online computer team tell me I need to first pay £70.00 to have a diagnostic report.
I think if there is a real problem with a system, Sony should welcome the negative as quickly as the positive comments and have a direct link to their major high street retailers for reporting... to satisfy the customer not stymie them. This should never be truer than in the current battery and power issues that rage for SONY. It is my view that the design and spec of this portable laptop is not fit for purpose. I maintain that the temperatures caused by operating are dysfunctional and possibly hazardous.
I need to a laptop daily for my work and depend only on my desktop. Please can anyone advise on my next and most effective step to resolve these issues and have Sony listen as they should. Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?