play.com ok?

jimmybond 17:48 15 Jan 2006

Has anyone here used play.com before - what do you think of them, has anyone had to return anything?

the reason I'm asking is that I'm after an LCD widescreen TV - normally with something this expensive I'd stick to somewhere I trust 100% (Amazon). However their delivery date is 4-6 weeks as opposed to now, and £40 more....

polish 18:22 15 Jan 2006

have used play for games music etc find them very reliable and have had no problems with them at all

mike1967 18:26 15 Jan 2006

100% trustworthy but I've never had to return anything

Arthur Scrimshaw 18:40 15 Jan 2006

in fact I'm in the midst of returning a wi-fi radio to them (which was faulty) - they are arranging to pick it at no cost to me. That sounds a given, but I believe not all suppliers do this.

As well as that, my wife inadvertently ordered two of the same Cd's for Christmas (our mistake)-we returned one and they not only refunded the cost of the CD but the cost of sending it back as well!

I have nothing but praise - they are invariably cheaper than Amazon and it's free delivery on everything.

Brilliant!

Arthur Scrimshaw 18:43 15 Jan 2006

my recent (well, actually not so recent now) experiences of Amazon is their delivery performance is total pants!

jimmybond 18:52 15 Jan 2006

ok thanks for the info, I'll go with play.com then, they sound ok!

handful 08:10 16 Jan 2006

Bought a psp from play.com just after Christmas. They phoned back to complete a security check (fine by me) and then sent it without delay. Excellent service but nothing to return and that is usually the real test!

tizerlily 21:29 19 Jan 2006

my husband and I have used play.com for months and never a problem had to return something on one occasion and no probs money refunded straight away,great value and service

CurlyWhirly 20:01 20 Jan 2006

I've been using Play.com for years having bought PC games, CD's and DVD's off them with no hassle at all.

Fast and free UK delivery too!

AngeTheHippy 10:12 21 Jan 2006

just been through virtually the SAME exercise as you! I too was about to buy an LCD widescreen, ended up getting it from play.com. It was £300 CHEAPER than Comet, it was free delivery, AND it arrived within 2 days of them shipping. I had some queries with it at first re. freeview & DVD recording. This has been ironed out now. Must say I too was hesitant as spending so much online for this type of item, but am happy to say very satisfied with the service they gave.

Go for it! I bought a 32" Samsung w/freeview - excellent picture.

AngeTheHippy
x

PaulB2005 10:40 21 Jan 2006

Brilliant - spent several hundred pounds over and after Xmas. One item didn't turn up - refunded no problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017