play.com

Southernboy 15:35 11 Nov 2003

Am experiencing quite a long delay in receiving items ordered at present, which may be due to postal dispute, which I thought was over.

Anyone else affected, or should I be concerned?

SEASHANTY 15:59 11 Nov 2003

Mail isn't back to normal. My copy of Computeractive due out this thursday normalkly arrives by post on the Saturday before. Hasn't arrived yet so its 4 days overdue now. That's posted from Bristol to Gtr Manchester BTW. Stuck in a mailbin somewhere I guess.

Sir Radfordin 16:50 11 Nov 2003

Still haven't had any real post to speak of for a couple of weeks now :(

chuds 18:22 11 Nov 2003

my two orders from play arrived two days after being posted.

No worries here.

spuds 19:14 11 Nov 2003

Depends on what the 'long delay'is.Give it a couple of weeks, then contact play.com. I seem to be okay with my postal deliveries, seems like normal.

canard 19:20 11 Nov 2003

My first from Play.com was 2 days late at end of strike. Next is due tomorrow. But they are at the end of their sale and I see titles disappearing so they may have run out of some stock. Why not check your account to see if your order has been posted.

Southernboy 15:09 13 Nov 2003

was to check my account. Two CDs posted on 5th November have not arrived. Their website states to inform them if an order has not arrived within 3-5 days, so I have done so.

on the other hand, a CD mailed on 3rd November arrived on 7th November. We do not appear to have been greatly affected by the postal strikes, unless it was something coming from London. Of course, Play.com stuff comes via Mount Pleasant, which is in London, so who knows?

Awaiting their reply.

Singerz 16:57 13 Nov 2003

I had problems also, took over a week for a stock cd to arrive. My advice is give it 7-10 days before contacting them.

Xevious 11:29 14 Nov 2003

it does say on their website to give it 2 weeks, if you still haven't received it then contact them.

this happened to me with one CD out of an order of 5, 4 arrived within 3 days, the other got lost. contacted them on 14 days after dispatch, they duly sent out a replacement at no cost, no questions asked.

all in all, i'm very happy with them...

from tuesday 1 DVD arrived today, seems ok in kent!

Southernboy 16:28 14 Nov 2003

They have told me to give it two weeks, so I will.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?