Plasma Screen Lifetime

Charence 01:14 02 May 2005

Hello,

I've been looking all over the net and even in high street stores for information of the lifetime of a particular plasma screen; with no success. :o(

I wonder whether anyone here could help me out...I'd like to know the average lifetime of a LG RZ-42PX11 plasma TV.

Thank you,

Charence

The Spires 01:36 02 May 2005
  harps1h 07:25 02 May 2005

plasma tv's are fine but there is a newer technology emerging called digital light processing (dlp). this is not prone to eventual wearing or fading of colours like plasma and is starting to hit the uk now. in fact currys advertised one ion a flyer over the weekend. i once read an article on them and the prediction is larger screens for a much lower price than plasma, but then of course this britain co are likely to get stung for more than other countries. i would seriously take a look at the technology on the net before you buy a plasma. it does explain the sudden price crash in plasma tv's just as car manufacturers do when they change model design. go to click here and type in dlp television in the search engine. it gives you 3 choices but look at the size of screen you get for your money. last year a plsma of that size would have cost you nearly double

Charence 14:24 02 May 2005

for your helpful posts.

I've had a look at DLPs and they are rear projection TVs (= poor contrast/brightness) and don't seem to be wallmountable.

Thanks,

Charence

sunny staines 16:27 02 May 2005

plasma screens have an expected 4 year life, better going for lcd if you like these new screens.

bremner 17:28 02 May 2005

I do not think all DLP's are as you describe click here

I saw these at a recent show and the quality of the picture was remarkable.

bremner 17:29 02 May 2005

The link is to a pdf of Samsungs DLP brochure by the way

harps1h 19:55 02 May 2005

clarence do a google on dlp and try not to be too quick to dismiss them. it is a forward technology

Charence 18:17 04 May 2005

everyone for your helpful input.

I will be discussing what TV to get with my parents...thanks for your advice!

Charence

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?