Pixmania - Non Performance

Wavecrest 08:54 18 Jan 2010

Potential Buyers Beware!

On the 14th of December 2009, I ordered a Samsung LED 46" TV from the Pixmania web site, they had a postcode checker to see if they had the item in stock and it appeared that they had, we thought we would do some quality viewing over the Christmas period?

I ordered the TV and the money was swiftly removed from my bank account, the next thing I know is that Pixmania email me telling me that they are out of stock but not to worry as they were going to receive a delivery at their local depot on the 19th December and would subsequently deliver ASAP.

The 19th of December came and went I started getting a little nervous and contacted Pixmania who then advised me that they did not have any stock.

I was totally underwhelmed at the lack of service and sent a complaint to their service desk; who have not yet quite grasped Basic English, they sent me an email thanking me for my comprehension?

On the 4th January 2010, another email from Pixmania, we are expecting a delivery at your nearest depot on the 16th of January, we will deliver some time after this date, I am still waiting for my delivery and cannot get any sense out of Pixmania.

Never again.

donki 10:09 18 Jan 2010

Sorry to hear of your problems, especially as you wanted it for Christmas. Only thing you could do is write a letter to thier CE, a quick google should find his/her contact details. I take it you paid by Maestro? Maybe for the future pay for everything on credit card.

Very nice TV by the way I was looing at that one on Satuarday, oh so slim and shiney. Was very tempted to treat myself, I think I will wait a few months though still very exspensive.

wiz-king 14:22 18 Jan 2010

This is a problem with this and other non-UK companies. If you do a search on the name in this forum you will find other threads where problems have occoured.

Arnie 16:27 18 Jan 2010

"This is a problem with this and other non-UK companies."

You're quite right.
I have heard of them supplying non-English manuals and continental plugged mains leads with their hardware.

Often they will require you to send hardware back to France at your own expense.

Clicking on the Pixmania link at the bottom of their web page shows their main trading address:

Fotovista Plc
Pixmania.com
Legal representative: Jean Emile Rosenblum
Address:
Pixmania
43-47 av. de la Grande Armée
75217 PARIS Cedex 16
France
Tel: 0844 369 0372 (national call rates apply)

iscanut 17:40 18 Jan 2010

I avoid them now as I have had two items in the past with non UK plugs and had to buy adapters. They should supply UK plugs if selling to UK customers. Beware !!

spuds 23:11 18 Jan 2010

I do believe that Pixmania is or was a part of DSG, and all returns and service problems were being dealt with by Currys.

You may well find that consumer laws changed recently, and under the EU regulations you would be covered if dealing with fellow membership countries.

Wavecrest 09:51 20 Jan 2010

Thanks for your replies and support, I have sent a further two emails to Pixmania (via their Currys email service desk), since my original posting, and I have had no reply whatsoever?

It has been over a month since Pixmania took my payment, I should have been watching Man City & Man United in Full HD last night!

It would be nice to have my TV for the FA Cup final, but I am not holding my breath.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017