Pixmania, foreign, don't use?????

grumpy-git 15:36 08 Nov 2005

I bought a Canon printer from them without any problems last year.
Just bought a Canon camera, it arrived today, with a leaflet in the box saying it was a British product, but all documentation is foreign (French, german, Italian)
Can't get through on their contact number, just recorded music as I sit with my 'phone to ear.

Sent them an e-mail but will probably have to wait ages for a reply.

It was only searching this Forum that I found out they were "foreign". They make it look as if they also have a branch in the UK.

Don't tell me I've ordered from a "bad" compamy again! (no I won't go into my previous experience and bore you all)

So, what do you suggest I do to get this sorted ASAP?

G-G

spuds 15:43 08 Nov 2005

Contact click here and ask their advice, mention that Pixmania have a London office and contact point.

Diodorus Siculus 16:12 08 Nov 2005

HAve you had a look at the website for manuals for the camera? That could save a lot of trouble if the camera works.

wee eddie 16:17 08 Nov 2005

Manufacturers make products for many different markets, source their parts from all over the world, and put them together somewhere else.

If someone offered you a Jaguar XK, would you refuse it because it was manufactured by Ford!

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:18 08 Nov 2005

get the manual off the web and save hassle. It is terrible that foreign companies try to sell us Brits goods these days.....wasn't like this in the good old days of the colonies.

G

grumpy-git 16:44 08 Nov 2005

Thanks for the replies folks.

It seems that if you do a lot of reading through their general terms & conditions, it does say Canon cameras don't have english instructions.

Don't know about you but my days aren't long enough to read every word on those things, but these days it seems like you have to otherwise you don't know where you are ordering goods from.

I'm very careful about places I order goods from over the internet, and I didn't realise I was ordering from abroad.

Wonder what percentage of UK Pixmania customers realise they are dealing with a foreign company??

I will see what happens in next day or so & if I can get decent english instructions online.

G-G

GaT7 16:49 08 Nov 2005

I agree with GANDALF, about getting it off the web that is.

The only trouble is they are only available to purchase click here. Following the links the purchase page is click here. Surely this cannot be - someone please tell me I'm looking in the wrong place.

What is your camera model G-G? G

GaT7 16:51 08 Nov 2005

Sorry G-G, I posted without refreshing. G

Hamish 16:52 08 Nov 2005
  grumpy-git 16:53 08 Nov 2005

I've had a look for a downloadable manual, but I can't find it.

But I can order one for 12 quid from Canon.

It's a Canon350D, if anybody is stuck for something to do & finds one online, just tell me.

Going back to "Cloud Cuckoo Land" now.

G-G

grumpy-git 16:54 08 Nov 2005

Thanks guys, my last reply crossed with yours, that was where I was looking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?