Pixmania dilemma - answer needed tonight if poss!

polymath 21:08 28 Mar 2010

I'm trying to return a faulty printer to Pixmania (under Zen Engagement, in case anyone knows about it). I've been trying continously for nearly 6 weeks to get clarification from Customer Services about what documents I need, but they just replied with stock non sequiturs.

Late last week, a customer services mediator got involved, and things started looking up. They arranged for free collection (instead of having to post it back myself).
My problem is it's due to be collected tomorrow (Mon) or the next day, and I couldn't get my remaining questions sent to the mediator (about the documents to include, without which the return won't be processed) until the end of Friday afternoon.

Because of the lack of answers, spending €80 on postage would be an unaffordable gamble. It's tempting to give it to the courier. But if I don't know by then about the documents, the package would then be incomplete, in which cases they send the parcel back to the customer to send again (no doubt more expense). I don't think their warehouses have any system to vary that to allow for parcels that are incomplete through Pixmania's fault.

Should I just refuse to give it to the courier in that case? By deduction, it seems there is something on their site that needs downloading for a return, but my page for doing it is broken.

More detail in a thread here in Ireland at click here . I'm having a go here as it seems a much busier forum.

Having said that, I might be unable to read any reply until the morning, but rest assured it would be very much appreciated!

polymath 20:47 29 Mar 2010

Panic over! Got a notification from UPS about 8am today, saying they were on their way.
Then, 2-3 hours later, the documents/answers from Pixmania that I needed to pack it (after 5 weeks of struggle!).
Hastily packed it, then rang UPS as advised earlier, as their tracking had said an address was incomplete, which had stalled the pickup.
(Eventually) UPS told me it was because I needed Pixmania's account number with them, for the courier to pick it up at no cost to me. Also that they were unable to find the transaction at all without it (I tried to say I would have thought it would be confidential, but don't know if she could understand).
Emailed Pizmania, who replied that I didn't need it (just the tracking number I already had).
By that time the only thing for Pixmania to do was abandon that transaction & start a new one. So Mark 2 probably starts tomorrow.

Today's events were a breeze compared with my saga trying to get answers from Pixmania's usual customer service people. It was a stroke of luck luck eventually getting a sensible person.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone