PIXMANIA

ray7 11:47 27 Feb 2006

I have identified a camera I would like to purchase.
The best internet price I have traced is from Pixmania. However, I have read so many adverse reports about this company, that I am wary of placing the order with them. I have heard the BAD reports.
Has anyone any GOOD reports that may re-assure me

spuds 12:04 27 Feb 2006

I would suggest that you put Pixmania in the search box, before you make any decisions as to whether the company is GOOD or BAD.

ray7 12:11 27 Feb 2006

Already done that and the responses I've seen have not been good but as the FE has said on previous occasions, people only report their bad experiences. What I am asking is has anybody anything GOOD to say about this company.

Handy Spinner 12:44 27 Feb 2006

Well, they did refund my money. That was after I asked for it though - they changed my order (from a PCI-E card to an AGP card) without telling me!

Stuartli 12:45 27 Feb 2006

Try Jessops or LetsGoDigital - could prove to be less stressful in the end...:-)

Stuartli 12:46 27 Feb 2006

If it all goes pearshaped then you will probably have to get the camera back to France and, most likely, at your expense and risk.

I know, I've been through all this with Nomatica, a similar outfit based in the south of France.

Took three to four months to satisfactorily resolve and even then it was through Visa.

anskyber 16:17 27 Feb 2006

I have bought a Canon printer and a Canon scanner from them and all is well. (18 months ago) I am less confident about using them again given the concerns expressed. I think that if I intended to buy another Camera, scanner etc. I would probably pay the extra couple of pounds for peace of mind from a "recognisable" UK suppier, as Stuartli advises.

anskyber 16:20 27 Feb 2006

PS. I had to go to the Canon web site to get the English version of the instructions as well. The info saying that the instructions would be in French was at the very bottom of their page.

Sir Radfordin 17:37 27 Feb 2006

Have bought two cameras from Pixmania. First one was missing the charger and took forever to sort out. Eventually sent back and got a full refund and bought a different one.

Have just bought a Canon IXUS 50 from them and ended up with two of the things. They don't seem too sure what they want to do about that.

As with all e-tailers, if you have no problems then things go well. If things go wrong it can be a pain to sort out, but they did always answer emails and I could always get through on the phone. For the money I saved it was worth while.

hzhzhz 19:50 27 Feb 2006

Had a few items from Pixmania, no problems.

Arthur Scrimshaw 20:15 27 Feb 2006

no problems, just good prices.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?