Pipex Voice Packages

HighTower 17:28 13 Nov 2006

Hi folks,

I'm on a Pipex broadband and voice call package. Well, at least in theory I am. I've been signed up with the broadband connection for nearly four months now and that part is fine, but the call package still has yet to be activated.

In addition, Pipex email support turnaround is now estimated at 7 days!

Are they in trouble? And if a wanted to cancel this agreement before my 12 month contract was up do I have the right as they have not delivered?

I'm annoyed as I have recommended Pipex to friends, luckily they have not asked for the call packages too or I would be rather red faced!

pipedream 17:42 17 Nov 2006

HighTower - sounds familiar... I ordered Pipex Anytime on July 7th and despite numerous e-mails from them over the last 4 months saying it will be live in "5-10 days", still nothing. Whilst the broadband itself is fine, the rest of their business seems to be a shambles.

However, I called them again this afternoon & they tell me it's going live today - I'm not convinced but we'll see.

I asked about the contract start date & they confirmed it was July 7th.

I too used to recommend Pipex but not any more.

HighTower 14:22 07 Mar 2007

but this one is really starting to wind me up now. I've been waiting for almost 8 months now for this damn call package to go live, and Pipex customer support are just clueless. One person says one thing, another says it will go live in a week and then another says that I need to do something and then re-apply.

And all the while they are taking a monthly fee of £12.50 and giving me absolutely nothing! I've actually given them a gift of £100!

So, I want to ditch them and go elsewhere but I wondered if anyone else was having similar problems and what the response from Pipex was.

HighTower 14:23 07 Mar 2007

Buming an old thread! I should be more careful!

TOPCAT® 18:54 07 Mar 2007

for my Midi + Anytime package. I gave them notice early in December 2006 that I was upgrading and that I wanted it to start in January 2007. I obtained and sent them a completed direct debit mandate before Christmas.

My broadband upgrade went 'live' on the 13th of February and the phone change began on the 27th. In January they rang me to pay my last credit card payment with them, which on the old monthly contract was due on the 9th. I am still waiting to see on what date the new direct debit is due! TC.

anchor 10:07 08 Mar 2007

I made the change over to a 2Mb ADSL package and Pipex Talk last March. It was cheaper than the previous 1Mb connection, (with no free calls). However, I was only offered this when I threatened to leave Pipex.

The change over went through quickly, and without problems. Perhaps the difference was that I was an existing customer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?