Pipex price increase

anchor 13:07 15 Mar 2010

For over a year I have paid about £8/month for an "up to Meg connection" with Pipex. The actual speed was about 5.Meg which was not bad and the connection reliable.

My latest bill showed that the price has now increased to just over £15/month. I queried this and was give the excuse that BT have upped the rates to them. I said that the increase could surely not be so much, and frankly I did not believe it. The man had to admit this seemed improbable, and that he was only passing on what he had been told.

It appears that the new owner, TalkTalk, are cashing in and recouping their purchase cost from Tiscali, (who had previously bought out Pipex).

anchor 13:11 15 Mar 2010

I meant to say:

up to 8Meg connection

The Kestrel 13:15 15 Mar 2010

Time to ask for your MAC code me thinks.

KremmenUK 14:33 15 Mar 2010

Agree

I've never regretted moving from Pipex/Tiscali to O2

toners004 12:19 16 Mar 2010

[url=click here]Toners.com, we have cut margin to the bones! [/url]

Ventad 14:40 16 Mar 2010

TONERS IS SPAM

rtwoi 16:14 02 Apr 2010

TalkTalk say they sent a "Pipex repricing" letter to all piex customers explaining the increase. I did not receive it. I ask for a copy to be resent and/or emailled. They say that this is not possible. Did anybody receive this letter?
If so can you post it here with the personal info removed of course. I similarly have had my monthly cost doubled.

rtwoi 16:16 02 Apr 2010

TalkTalk say they sent a "Pipex repricing" letter to all pipex customers explaining the increase. I did not receive it. I ask for a copy to be resent and/or emailled. They say that this is not possible. Did anybody receive this letter?
If so can you post it here with the personal info removed of course. I similarly have had my monthly cost doubled.

anchor 08:41 03 Apr 2010

rtwoi: I also did not receive a letter informing me of the dramatic increase in charges. I only discovered it after examining my on-line bill.

On the 17th March I wrote to Charles Dunstone, CEO of Talk Talk, to request an explanation; it appears to have been completely ignored. From reading other forums this is quite normal.

Ventad 11:17 03 Apr 2010

I asked for my MAC code from pipex and got a better lower priced deal from them. So I will see what happens next year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache