Pipex Capped Services

ensonricky 14:16 06 Apr 2005

Those of you who have recently signed up to a capped service with Pipex may be interested to see a reply I received from their Support Services when I asked them when the promised net monitoring tool would become available.

Thank you for your email,

Unfortunately at the moment we do not have a tool which will allow you to monitor the bandwidth you have currently used. Therefore your bandwidth is not currently actively being capped as such. The tool should be available very soon.

In the meantime, you can use a third party program such as Net Meter (available from click here) to give you an idea of how much bandwidth you are using (please note we cannot be responsible for the support of or issues arising from the use of third party software).

I hope this helps with your query, please feel free to get back to me if you require any further assistance.

Stuartli 14:24 06 Apr 2005

>> Unfortunately at the moment we do not have a tool which will allow you to monitor the bandwidth you have currently used. Therefore your bandwidth is not currently actively being capped as such. The tool should be available very soon.>>

The first two paragraphs don't seem to make sense - either Pipex can cap your bandwidth or it can't and whether you have a tool to monitor it or not seems to be by the by.

Stuartli 14:33 06 Apr 2005

Bandwidth meter freeware can be found at:

click here

click here

ensonricky 16:17 06 Apr 2005

The implication seems to be until the consumer online monitor is made available the usage will remain uncapped. It appears the changes may have been implimented without the infrastructure being fully in place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?