Pipex?

Kate B 12:09 26 Feb 2005

Per this thread
click here
Any existing users heard back from Pipex yet? I've just emailed asking them to upgrade me to Solo 1000 for no extra cost (I've been with 'em for three years so I think I deserve it!)

Cybermaxx 12:12 26 Feb 2005

I have also emailed Pipex this morning, asking when my Solo 500 will be upgraded and whether or not I have to actually do anything for it to happen. I also told them that I would prefer Solo 1000 to Solo 2000 Lite 5GB/month (they're both the same price as my current Solo 500).

Kate B 12:15 26 Feb 2005

It'll be interesting to see how long they take to come back - I bet they're swamped.

I too would prefer 1000 - I'm building a website and addicted to World of Warcraft so I don't want any limits!

Cybermaxx 12:42 26 Feb 2005

I'm tempted to phone them up, but they're usually so slow to answer it probably wouldn't be worth the effort. As soon as I get an email back I'll post the response here.

blanco 18:43 26 Feb 2005

Hi Kate
I filled in a request for upgrade on my account on the Pipex site on Thursday evening. This included giving card info for the transfer charge. The acceptance said I would receive instructions about what to do now but, so far, I have not received any communication.
I'll let you know when I hear anything. Like you, I've been with them from virtually day one – March 2002 to be exact. Must say, I've been very pleased.

Cybermaxx 19:49 26 Feb 2005

Whenever I try to do that I get this message

Change Service

Unfortunately, we were unable to retrieve details for your account.

The most likely cause for this is that your account has not yet fully completed the provisioning stage. Please allow a few more days, then try again.

Which is strange, because I've been with them for over a year now!

phil 22:03 26 Feb 2005

I've been in touch too but that was last night, Friday, so wouldn't expect to hear anything yet.

siouxah1 22:08 26 Feb 2005

Cybermaxx,

I am getting the same messages. Have been with them for eons.

Suspect they are snowed under.

Regards Brian

phil 22:08 26 Feb 2005

Just had another mooch on the Pipex site and found this:

Existing Customers

Existing broadband customers will also be reaping the benefits and enjoying even more value for money as PIPEX will be participating in the network upgrade programme recently announced by BT Wholesale.

The majority of existing customers will benefit from the doubling of their connection speed at no additional cost, subject to line capability.

----------------------------------------------------

Where does the £15 charge come from then?

Cybermaxx 22:18 26 Feb 2005

I haven't seen the £15 charge bit on the Pipex site yet. It is a bit of a maze to navigate though, so I'll probably stumble across it eventually.

Master.mind 02:16 27 Feb 2005

This is a useful place for Pipex users:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017