Pioneer to pull out of TV?

john bunyan 17:20 18 Feb 2009

Just before Christmas I bought a Pioneer Kuro 32" TV and a HD DVD recorder. I find the contrast ratio etc excellent, and am dissapointed to hear that after such a short time Pioneer are pulling out of the TV market. Hope they re consider.

961 17:33 18 Feb 2009

They won't

No one is making money just now

laurie53 20:11 18 Feb 2009

I think this must have been Pioneer's second foray into the tv market.

I had a Pioneer tv a few years back; it was rubbish!

john bunyan 22:34 18 Feb 2009

I can only speak as I find. The model I have seems very good on contrast ratio and pleased my wife by not having a shiny black frame (as with Sony, Panasonic and Samsung. Will mark as resolved with regret for the loss of choice.

Stuartli 23:06 18 Feb 2009

Over the past year or so, some Pioneer models have been rated as being even better than the superb Panasonic range.

john bunyan 09:36 19 Feb 2009

The only reason I went for Pioneer was the surrounding case not being so shiny! I had chosen Panasonic except for that. Glad Pioneer will keep the service up.

Stuartli 10:05 19 Feb 2009

>>The only reason I went for Pioneer was the surrounding case not being so shiny>>

Not a reason I would put to the forefront...:-)

Top picture and sound quality would top the list every time - I certainly don't notice my set's shiny case surround and neither does the other half....:-))

john bunyan 12:37 19 Feb 2009

I personally agree with you but "she who must be obeyed" does not. I think Panasonic and Sony have copied the shiny black case of Samsung. I wish they would offer the matt version as an option. In the meantime the Pioneer is fine, and I did buy it on the grounds you mention ( a tie with the Panasonic)

Marko797 13:55 19 Feb 2009

42" plasma from Pioneer...absolutely superb on both picture, and sound, quality.

Stuartli 16:16 19 Feb 2009

I'm quite sure your set matches your opinion of it - unfortunately we don't have a Pioneer TV dealership in our neck of the woods, so comparing one to a Panny is rather difficult...:-)

Marko797 17:08 19 Feb 2009

we went to Curry's to see it in the flesh...always helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?