Pinnacle Studio 11 v Studio 9

pj123 17:41 08 Jun 2008

I have been using Pinnacle Studio 9 fairly successfully for some time now. I thought I would try an upgrade so I bought Pinnacle Studio 11.

Big mistake. I have seen a snail run faster.

So it's back to Studio 9 for me.

Earthsea 21:26 08 Jun 2008

I recently ditched AVG 8 because it would make my system sluggish at times, and even cause Firefox to stop responding on occasion. Shame really, because I've used AVG for years and always had the highest regard for it.

I use AntiVir now, and everything's hunky dory again.

pj123 13:45 09 Jun 2008

I am in the process of transferring all my VHS and Beta tapes to DVD.

Not had any problems using Studio 9 but the first one I tried using Studio 11 was abysmal.

It was a 2 hour TV programme which, when edited, came to 1hr 39min.

When I came to burn it to DVD I was told it would not fit on a standard 4.7gb DVD and would require a DL DVD.

Never had that problem before using Studio 9. I have burnt up to 2hr 50min on a standard 4.7gb DVD.

One would assume that a later version of software would at least be equal to, if not better, than a previous version.

Obviously not so in this case. I have just tried the same file in Studio 9 and it has completed with no problems at all.

Patr100 16:06 09 Jun 2008

It always had a reputation for instability -with some users abd reviewers - I used a bundled version 7 many years ago but preferred other programs.

A recent review seemed to imply things were better but it seems not.

-

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?