Pictbridge compatible MF printer

Ex plorer 09:34 04 Mar 2014
Answered

Hi my brother wants to be able to print photos direct from his Canon SX280 camera that's pictbridge compatible.

Also to be a MF wireless printer, he doesn't have a PC at the moment but will be purchasing soon.

After reading many reviews on ink-jet printers I never noticed any of the printers supporting pictbridge, or is it that its a standard feature on all printers these days.

I prefer Canon or Epson myself,I did look at the Canon Pixma MG6350 but the cartridge replacements are around £8.50 to £11.20 each. Although compatibles £20.00 for a set of six.

If you would like to give advice on a printer the price is around £120.00 that he would like to pay.

Ex plorer 10:17 05 Mar 2014

Still researching MF printers, although printers have moved on with wireless, and cloud, etc. they still seem to be greedy on ink and ink costing a small fortune.

Looking at whats available in the sub £120 and reading reviews I am finding it more difficult to buy a MF printer than I have done in the past.

I may have to look at just a dedicated printer and see what change I have for a scanner. Just preferred it in all one unit.

Maybe £120 just wont cut it to day for a decent home use MF printer.

Woolwell 13:20 05 Mar 2014
Answer

The Epson Expression XP-615 has a card reader and seems to meet your specs and can be had for less that £100 Amazon

Ex plorer 09:48 06 Mar 2014

Thank you woolwell I did take a look at this MF printer and must have missed the pictbridge.

It does tick all the boxes and I have spent some time looking for a compatible ink, I think I have come up with a reliable place to purchase from.

If you have any comments on compatible inks let me know.

Woolwell 10:55 06 Mar 2014

I have a different model of Epson and I don't use compatibles but do use Epson higher capacity cartridges. I find the running costs with these high yield XL cartridges is quite reasonable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?