Photos and music get lost on vista

becka2009 19:39 19 Jul 2009

When i turn my laptop on and put pictures on from my phone into folders or download some music. After i had finished what i was doing i would turn my laptop off. Then the next time i would come on my laptop again all the music and pictures that were there had gone but i dont know where they go. Thank you for any responses your help would be appreciated.

chub_tor 19:54 19 Jul 2009

Have you tried a Search for *.mp3 or *.jpg to find which folder they are in?

becka2009 20:08 19 Jul 2009

I have just tried that but nothing happened but thank you. Can i try anything eles please thank you

Kevscar1 11:28 20 Jul 2009

have you searched for the folder names.

becka2009 12:41 20 Jul 2009

Yes but nothink at all is on the laptop when i turn my laptop on it says something about a temprey log in .Then it says when i download stuff or put stuf on my laptop it wont save it will be lost.

chub_tor 16:33 20 Jul 2009

So the problem is not that your pictures going missing it is that you are not allowed to save them because you have only a Temporary Account.

According to Microsoft click here a temporary account is created if the user's account has been accidentally deleted.

Click on Start, Control Panel, User Accounts and Family Safety, Add or Remove User Accounts, Create a New Account, put in your new account name and make sure that the Administrator circle has a dot in it.

You will probably have to re-boot after clicking on OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017