Photo to canvas.

gengiscant 08:06 20 Jun 2009

Morning all,
Its my better [email protected] birthday soon and I was considering getting a photograph converted to canvas.
I've been looking about online and a wide choice is found.

My question is has anyone had any experience with these companies,obviously looking for good ones,make my choice easier.

Thanks.

jack 08:51 20 Jun 2009

click here
are excellent
or depending on your printer- ink jet - invest in some 'Gesso primed' canvas from an art shop and do one made and framed by your own fair hand

gengiscant 10:08 20 Jun 2009

Thanks jack,I have used photobox before with other stuff,agree good co,but in this instance they seem limited in size choice.

Anyone used this? click here

gengiscant 10:24 20 Jun 2009

Well I've ordered photo fuse from Amazon for a Tenner and will give it a try.

laurie53 12:00 20 Jun 2009

Many local print/copy firms offer this facility, with the added advantage that you can go along and explain exactly what you want, cropping etc. and, of course, you don't normally pay until you pick it up having seen it.

My wife is an artist in all mediums and regularly gets prints done locally at a reasonable cost.

andyref 14:31 20 Jun 2009

Try

click here

I sent them a photo and within 6 days had a A2 size canvas at my door .
I paid £60 it had a very strong frame around it and I am very pleased .
My wife and I shopped around but the frames were on the thin side in the shops etc and you could bend them with a bit of force ,but this one I could not .

gengiscant 17:28 20 Jun 2009

Had a look at the link,seems a bit sparse.I cannot find anywhere on of how to order a photo to canvas.

realist 20:30 20 Jun 2009

I can recommend Actipix
click here

rivington 12:09 22 Jun 2009

Have any of you guys tried printing on canvas yourselves??. I purchased some A4 canvas quite cheaply, put it into my printer and hay-presto produce a very nice A4 picture. good quality, good contrast, etc.etc. Very pleased,
I know of one company offer to put photo's on canvas for around £25. Still doing it yourself is more sastisfying. Would like to see you comments!.

jack 13:51 22 Jun 2009

Artists canvas - has to be 'Gesso' primed not primed for oil.
When ever 99p store have an art event- they sell canvas in rolls for er - 99p
Cut it to A4 and flatten[under a pile of books] works a treat. gives about 10 pieces if you plan it

rivington 12:02 23 Jun 2009

Sorry Jack must have missed your original comments. I purchase my canvas from one of the cheaper supermakerts 20 A4 sheet for £2.99. A little more expensive than yours but still cheap and good results. Apologies again for missing your post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone