Phone calls on BT Total Broadband

Admiral Allstar 21:29 24 Aug 2006

Hi

I am moving house soon and was considering BT Total Broadband.

I see that it includes some free calls. Would I be right in thinking that the monthly costs quoted for the various packages includes the line rental for a phone line or is this on top?

I only ask as I was also wondering what the tariffs were for the minutes used to mobilesetc and whether you could still use the friends and family offer?

anskyber 21:40 24 Aug 2006

My reading of it is that the free calls are broadband calls via the internet. These are not unlike calls using say Skype.

The significance of this is that you will need a BT phone line and pay for one of their BT phoneline options.

Admiral Allstar 21:41 24 Aug 2006

anskybar - thanks. Thus, I would still need to have a line rental on top.

josie mayhem 00:46 26 Aug 2006

I would double check this with bt, as I'm sure if you buy one of there packages that include phone calls then the price given is the whole lot lump together, what needs to be remebered is that when other companies offer BB, then this must be run through a BT network and there exchanges to conect to your house, so that is why you still need to pay bt line rental, bt own the actual lines and excahnges..

mikef. 00:06 27 Aug 2006

I have this, it works this way, you pay your usual BT line rental charges, you pay for your broadband package and if you have the right option you get free evening and weekend calls through your broadband connection, now through the BT Home Hub or if you had it earlier like me through a bridge router. You can also pay extra for free anytime calls

Stuartli 13:33 27 Aug 2006

The details of all the packages can be found at:

click here

The standard BT Together home phone charges include the line rental:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?