Philips TFT Monitor Availability

Newuser939 12:38 08 Jul 2006

I am in the market for a flat-panel monitor and have seen that the Philips 190X6FB is a PCA Best Buy as well as getting good reviews from people who already have one. However, it appears that it is almost impossible to get one. Apparently it could be available in 1-2 weeks from Savastore, but that retailer does not itself get particularly good reviews. Otherwise it appears that no one in the whole country has one in stock. Wouldn't one have thought that in their own interests retailers might have stocked items listed as Best Buys by influential magazines such as PCA?

GRFT 15:32 08 Jul 2006

Maybe Philips just can't keep up with the demand.

Komplett say they're expecting delivery July 13.

Newuser939 15:53 08 Jul 2006

Thank you for that information as Komplett seem to have a good reputation as an on-line retailer. It may be that Philips cannot keep up, although Savastore and Komplett are the only retailers I have seen stocking the item at all recently.

spuds 16:06 08 Jul 2006

Just tried a check with Pricerunner,Pricegrabber and Dealtime. Seem to list Komplett and Savastore only.Both out of stock, but waiting for supplies. Even Ebuyer cannot help.Looks like a rarity buy!.

GaT7 19:20 08 Jul 2006

The 190X6FB specs at Philips click here.

One thing I'm impressed about is their zero dead-pixel policy:

"Bright dots and dark dots are defects in an LCD panel. While some manufacturers still consider bright and dark defects in an LCD panel an inevitable part of the manufacturing process, Philips doesn't. Philips monitors, compliant with ISO 13406-2 class I standard, are produced with zero tolerance for LCD panel defects and backed by Philips Perfect Panelâ„¢ globally valid warranty providing repair or replacement of any LCD monitors that display even a single defective bright or dark dot."

PCA review of the Philips 190X6FB click here - if anyone wants to have a look.

All the best Newuser939 - hope it becomes available soon. G

terryf 01:52 09 Jul 2006

I have just bought my 2nd GNR monitor 19" MS191D-A1. Their warranty is 3 yrs and works, next day swap for a faulty unit.

Stuartli 10:43 09 Jul 2006

Philips has a similar reputation for its LCD and plasma TV sets with a pixel enhancing feature on its more expensive models (Pixel Plus 2) that produces especially stunning display quality.

I've seen these sets in action and they are dramatically superior to some other brands for picture quality.

freaky 12:23 09 Jul 2006

Can't fault it - appears excellent value especially with the pixel guarantee.

We bought two Iiyama 17" ProLite E435S's and a Iiyama 19" ProLite E481S last year. The E481S has one dead pixel (orange) down on the left of the screen. Fortunately, it is barely noticeable on most backgrounds.

Good luck with your purchase!

GRFT 12:04 10 Jul 2006

Komplett doesn't appear to include a DVI cable with the monitor.
I queried this but no reply so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?