pdas grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

gwynno 18:16 08 Jul 2006

I want 2 buy a pda but havent got a clue which one 2 buy. I am a PE teacher and would like it to write assessment notes about the pupils so that i can then send then straight to the computer after. Believe me, it would be far easier than writing them on pieces of paper that i always lose. I think I need one with word on and I could use excel too. any advice???? I'm not rich so that restricts what i can get (obiously)

Thanks
Gwyn

rezeeg 18:34 08 Jul 2006

Have you search 'Reviews' for PDAs?

Nice one click here Palm Z22 Handheld £80.

wee eddie 18:37 08 Jul 2006

PDA's are really a pain except for writing short notes.

Maybe a 80p Notebook would help.

gwynno 18:40 08 Jul 2006

i'm beginning to think that may be the best (and cheaper) option

Woolwell 19:52 08 Jul 2006

Go with your last post and wee eddie's. I think that you'll soon be frustrated by the limitations of a PDA. Consider a small cheap laptop.

Jimmy14 20:11 08 Jul 2006

acer n311. £300. Fully compatible with Microsoft Office to write notes with.
click here

I know its alot of money to pay for a pda and you could pay a little extra for a laptop but it is one of the best

Sir Radfordin 20:44 08 Jul 2006

Might get some odd looks but you could always opt for a Dictaphone? There are some available that link to speech-to-text software which may help...depending on how well you speak!

wee eddie 21:02 08 Jul 2006

About the same size as a small Mobile Phone.

Used it for Stock Taking and making notes at Trade Shows. If I remember rightly it cost me £19.00 in Currys. Just transcribed my verbal notes onto the PC later.

gwynno 21:07 08 Jul 2006

some excellent ideas, thanks everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?