PDA with GPS

wonderwill 16:46 23 Aug 2007

I am thinking about buying a HP iPAQ hw6915 PDA and do not understand the whole Sat Nav bit. This is what is included with the PDA - Integrated high sensitivity GPS receiver / TomTom Navigator 6 with one free city map of choice / Quick GPS Connection software.

What else do I have to get to have this as sat nav in my car - an antenna, car holder?????

James1947 18:42 23 Aug 2007

From what you describe nothing, except you may have to purchase other maps as required.

James1947 18:43 23 Aug 2007

Oh and of course an in car holder for safety reasons, although it will work without.

laurie53 20:56 23 Aug 2007

You may need an antenna. Mine works OK without.

As James 1947 says you'll need a map - make sure you get the latest one.

You'll also almost certainly need some form of in car charger - GPS is very power hungry. I don't know what the input is on an iPAQ - I just use a cigar lighter lead with the relevant connector on the end, just a few quid on E bay. You can also use your normal mains charger with an inverter.

anchor 14:24 24 Aug 2007

I suggest you call Total PDA, and I am sure they will give you all the help & info you require. No obligation.

0800 0928 928

click here

Before getting a TomTom Go, I used an IPaq and an earlier TomTom Navigator with it; worked fine, and received power from the cigarette lighter plug.

As regards an antenna, probably not, but it will depend on the type of windscreen in you car.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?