PCWorld Tech Guys on the way out?!

961 13:39 21 Nov 2010

Reported that Chief Exec of Dixons/Currys/PCWorld will this week unveil a plan to scrap the Techguys brand and replace with a more comprehensive instore and delivery service

"The awareness of Techguys is low and it has a slightly geeky feel to it", said the director of marketing, people and property

(How can she get her head round all those disciplines at the same time and remain sane?)

Can I suggest the current awareness of Techguys from those that contribute to this forum is high and they have a low rating when it comes to doing anything to sort a technical problem rather than making it worse

"This (change) will go much deeper and will present customers with a completely different experience. We wanted something that would appeal to everyone from the technologically savvy to my mum"

"Purchasing technology is a process filled with anxiety and you just can't get away with poor service"

Watch this space?

spuds 13:57 21 Nov 2010

No wonder that the Dixon group seems to have bad press, especially if one of the directors as to hold down and control three major parts of the business.

Their customer relations are suppose to be more than 'people', but perhaps in this case its more to do with a job title than sorting out important problems.

The Dixon group seems to be spending large amounts of money in tarting-up their stores and image, yet they still seem to fail on the basics.

oresome 16:41 21 Nov 2010

I await all the puns to come on the new name.

961 17:01 21 Nov 2010

"Knowhow" Yep, your handle just says it all

But what about the "iconic behaviour" such as the "Columbo moment" when delivery drivers offer tips on useful features on products before they leave!

wiz-king 13:43 22 Nov 2010

"Knowhow" but do they 'knowwhy'?

KDW 13:33 23 Nov 2010

Even if they change the branding of TheTechGuys, it will still be the same department, the same staff and the exact same procedures.

Techguys so far has been called: PcServiceCall, Mastercare, Repair and Protect & Now TTG.

The name might change, but it will stay the same

KDW 13:33 23 Nov 2010

Even if they change the branding of TheTechGuys, it will still be the same department, the same staff and the exact same procedures.

Techguys so far has been called: PcServiceCall, Mastercare, Repair and Protect & Now TTG.

The name might change, but it will stay the same

GaT7 14:29 23 Nov 2010

"This (change) will go much deeper and will present customers with a completely different experience. We wanted something that would appeal to everyone from the technologically savvy to my mum."

KDW, they say it will be different on a deeper level, so we'll have to wait & see. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?