PCten-sorry-nextday

biker_ted 23:10 25 Sep 2007

On the strength of PC Advisor, I ordered a Zoostorm 2-6402 from PCNextDay costing around £850. No cheapy by todays standards, but sufficient for my needs. Ten days later I was still waiting & after a couple of prompts by email (no number available to phone)it duly arrived - minus keyboard, mouse, UK mains leads & wifi aerial but plus some loose screws rattling around inside, and a front which fell off. Another email led to a phone number - hooray, spoke to someone who will get bits sent. Meanwhile, checked out PC with bits from my other PC. Fan comes on - but not PC - nothing. I think I've been stung! Wasted enough time with PCTenDay - want my money back!

Forum Editor 23:23 25 Sep 2007

you need to tell the company immediately, and in writing - an email is legally acceptable.

However....

You seem to have agreed with the company that they will send you the 'bits' that are missing - why did you do that if you want your money back? By agreeing to wait for parts to be sent you have weakened your case for a refund, and you've also done that by checking out the PC "with bits from my other PC".

The company may now refuse to take the machine back.

biker_ted 08:45 26 Sep 2007

The "bits" I referred to were a keyboard, mouse & power leads - what anyone would expect to be included with a machine. I have the impression that this was a machine tucked in a corner somewhere that was hurried rushed out to me after prompting via email. I have checked the spec again & realise that the sound system is also missing! I appreciate your comments, but PCNextDay infers to me just that. I could only contact the company via email - no phone number published. I expected a lot more, particularly as PCA gave such a good review of the company. Consequently I was so so disappointed. Hence I want to shop elsewhere, and why I want my money back.

961 09:42 26 Sep 2007

I find it difficult to understand why a company selling a product for £850 should either wish to send it to the customer in the condition described, or be surprised when the customer feels upset about it

If I can screw the bits of a computer together and get the result to perform properly, why can't someone who seeks to sell his products to the public?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017