pcoption.co.uk or cougar-extreme.co.uk?

oli470 23:20 31 Dec 2006

both seem very cheap for buying a pc, cougar-extreme a little more so.

from cougar i can get this for £316.76 delivered:-

home office athlon (AMD Athlon 64 3800+ AM2 64 , 80GB SATA Hard Drive , 512MB DDR2 MEMORY (533) , 256Mb 7600GT Nvidia GDDR3 SLI DVI - HDTV , Dual Layer 18 Speed DVD+/- re writer , No Floppy Disk Drive , Intergrated Sound Card , No Operating System )

from pcoption i can get basically the same thing:-

Entry Level Base Unit. AMD Athlon 64 Socket 940 AM2 (3800 , Standard Case , Nvidia EN7600GT 256M/B , 80GB Hard Drive , 512 DDR 2 667 MHz Memory , No Operating System Installed , 18 X DVD Dual Layer Writer , No Wireless Network Card

but for £365.36 delivered,

similar motherboards and both have suitable psus, ive got a spare stick of 512mb ram.

--->BUT --- i've done my googling, searched these forums and i can only find people saying good things about pcoption.co.uk and i cant find a sausage about how good/legit cougar-extreme is, i'm not gonna go throw £300 on a pc thats not gonna come/work :|

So the big question is, can anyone vouch for cougar-extreme.co.uk? or is it not worth the risk for £50?

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:14 01 Jan 2007

click here and ask them to leave out the monitor (PCW do not advertise this fact widely). It will be the same price as the ones ou have shown but IMHO much better, double memory, double HD + has an OS...also you can walk away with it rather than wait for the postie..

G

oli470 12:30 01 Jan 2007

i already have a copy of windows, and i plan on using it for gaming so it must have that 7600gt.

anyone?

Snec 13:10 01 Jan 2007

I configured and ordered a new machine online from Cougar Extreme on 20th December. The next day Cougar phoned me to say thanks for the order.

It was ready before Xmas but I picked it up on 28th December, together with a KVM switch.

The machine is excellent as is the price paid. The Cougar people are very pleasant and obliging. I will certainly use them again in the future and would not hesitate in recommending Cougar Extreme to anyone.

oli470 19:14 01 Jan 2007

thx very much! helped alot

warlord12345 17:39 04 Nov 2007

yeh ive searched around internet and i can only find good responses for cougar extreme... i am certainly getting my pc from there

Cougar Extreme 22:55 06 Nov 2007

For those reading these reviews looking for Cougar reviews please type Cougar in the pcadvisor search bar and you will find currently 37 excellent threads regarding our customer service, prices and products.

Yours truly,

All the guys at Cougar (we love our jobs)

Acx 01:42 07 Nov 2007

Nice advert Cougar Extreme.

Instead of hijacking oli470's post for your own ends, why not help him and suggest how he can improve/add to what he wants from Cougar Extreme (that would impress me more).

easyvibe 07:51 07 Nov 2007

well perhaps if oli470 gave them a ring like i did ,they was very helpfull indeed and they do a excellent job

Cougar Extreme 22:52 09 Nov 2007

Please note that firstly if our response has offended you then sorry, our intention was to rectify a statement left 10 months ago and states that reviews of cougar-extreme are hard to come by, our response was to indicate that if a person was to type cougar into the pcadvisor web search they may come across unbiased reviews to our services as we are not unheard of as stated by oli470 innocently 10 months ago. We assume oli470 has more than decided what computer to bye by now and is well into his latest game.

Your truly

Cougar -Extreme customer services.

Acx 00:01 10 Nov 2007

I must apologize, My response was a bit blunt and I didn't realize this thread was a year old.

The point I was trying to make was, as this guy

click here

Who bought from you within the last month is having problems, why not come on here and help him out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?