pcoption cautionary tale

perple 20:01 21 Feb 2008

On the 3rd of February I configured and ordered a base unit from pcoption, I realised that I had made a mistake during configuration and e.mailed pcoption of my error. I received an e.mail back informing me that my order had been deleted and would I reorder with the correct configuration, which I did. On the 5th of February the total amount for both base units was withdrawn from my account. After a number of exchanges of e.mails I was informed that the cost for the original order would be refunded to my account. The money has now been out of my account for two weeks. I took delivery of a base unit this morning, but unfortunately it was for the original, wrong configuration!!...pending

lisa02 20:19 21 Feb 2008

I imagine they'll be sending you that other machine too. :->

I'd reject the machine under DSR and also demand a full and complete refund of both deductions they made to your card within 30 days. And secondly they make provisions to collect the machine from you.

Forum Editor 07:07 22 Feb 2008

You should notify the company that you are rejecting the machine, and ask for a full refund. I'm sure that in the circumstances - the error was made by the supplier - PCOption will not keep you waiting the full 30 days before making a refund to your card.

No doubt you're in touch with the supplier regarding the other, correct machine being delivered.

lofty29 13:12 22 Feb 2008

Hope you have better luck with 'the muir' than other people have

perple 14:19 22 Feb 2008

Spoke to Tom this afternoon and he assured me that I will be given a complete refund, and that he will also collect the base unit from me on Monday.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017