PCI TV Tuner - Which One?

Anti_Virus 15:29 04 Sep 2006

Hi, I'm looking to buy a PCI card that enables me to plug in my tv aerial and watch digital (Freeview) TV on my PC. I'd like one where it's possible to pause and rewind live tv, and preferably has a remote control. I can't, simply, find one that has all those things, alhough there are LOADS of different PCI TV Tuners on amazon, too many to choose. I've googled, but again so many, and all of them confusing about what they do and so on... I just want someone who either has what I'm looking for and knows it's good, or someone that knows what I'm looking for, and can direct me to it. Please help

Stuartli 15:55 04 Sep 2006

My Twinhan DTB-ter D+A (Digital + Analogue) PCI TV card has all that you require, but you do need to use the Twinhan software rather than the included PowerCinema package (slow and not very good for the purpose as it was a stop gap).

See:

click here

I paid more than £50 for mine...:-(

The software can be downloaded from:

click here (downloads - model number/reference is 3054 and you use DTV V2.64 software and the 3054 BDA driver).

Stuartli 15:56 04 Sep 2006

You can also use the Twinhan for inputting a games console, VCR etc and recording it as well.

Anti_Virus 17:56 04 Sep 2006

Cheers for that Stuartli, that looks great, just what I want, and amzingly good value. So you recomend the PCI card, but not the software that comes wiv it? With the one you mentioned, the Twinhan software, can you do everything you can do with the PowerCinema software? Like scheldule tv programs to be recorded directly to the hard drive?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017