pca trial subscription takeon

howard63 17:11 16 Nov 2005

I agreed to take the dvd edition for 3 issues for £1. Firstly I was assured that my cd subscription would be suspended until the dvd trial was over. I said I did not want 2 editions cd and dvd for the same month. Needless to say the first month I got the 2 copies and had to phone in to stop it happening again. I was also told that after receiving the 3rd. months dvd If I did not want to continue the dvds I should phone in and cancel. I got the 3rd. dvd 2 days ago and today was told that they had already taken the direct debit for the dvd edition. So the 3 issue trial is actually 2 issues. The fact that my existing suspended cd subscription is paid for has been ignored. I am so annoyed at this I am tempted to cancel my cd subscription.

oresome 17:26 16 Nov 2005

It makes going to the newsagents to collect a copy seem almost effortless.

Forum Editor 17:35 16 Nov 2005

I can't answer this for you, but I know a man who can, and I've passed this information on. We should get a response fairly soon.

howard63 20:44 22 Nov 2005

Forum Editor - so far I have not heard from the man you know who can.

monstersinc 09:52 24 Nov 2005

Dear Howard,
I'm not entirely certain how this has happened, but i will resolve this immediately. My apologies for this error. Please let me know which edition of the magazine you wish to continue receiving and i will organise the financial arrangements accordingly.
Please email me on [email protected] to confirm. I hope that you choose to remain a valued subscriber to PC Advisor.
kind regards
Jim Birch
Subscriptions Manager

howard63 21:58 26 Nov 2005

Having sent an e-mail to the subscription dept they now have said they will reimburse me and continue with the cd subscription that was suspended. There was no mention of the farce of a 3 issue trial that was in fact 2 issues only. There was also no mention of the fact that my suspended paid for cd subscription would have been lost if I had not cancelled the dvd issue. As a pensioner who makes very little use of the cd I would like a no cd/dvd edition at a cheaper price.

spuds 23:46 26 Nov 2005

At least you got a reply. I tried for the offer, could activate the subscription,sent an email, mentioned it on a post within the PCA forum, and still heard nothing.

Forum Editor 00:01 27 Nov 2005

If you're still not happy, email Jim Birch as suggested.

Spuds - why don't you do the same thing?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?