PCA sub renewal 5 months to go!

Newuser38 11:11 29 Jan 2007

I received this today, together with my response.

Is it someone trying it on or ???

"Jim if you are still there (no longer listed) if not Tom,

Just received this,and since it is from an un-recognised source. It could be spam!

But if it is from IDG. Three reasons why I might not renew my suscription:-

5 months to go on present sub.
Not a good deal £10 more than I paid for the current 12 months.
I got the Britannica 2006 as last years free bonus as well as the lower price!!!

----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 8:14 AM
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Two great reasons to renew your subscription to PC Advisor

Dear ,

Your subscription to PC Advisor is about to expire!

As a loyal PC Advisor subscriber, you're entitled to our special renewal offer. Extend your subscription to PC Advisor now and pay just £17.99 every 6 issues - that's a massive saving of 40% on the £4.99 newsstand price.

PLUS When you renew you will also be sent the latest Encyclopedia Britannica 2006 Ultimate Reference Suite DVD Edition. This is the top of the range edition worth £59.99.

Don't miss out on clear independent buying advice, news, reviews and the latest tips and tricks on how to get the most out of your existing PC equipment. We value you as a reader and hope that you will continue your subscription.

Yours sincerely,

Jim Birch
Subscriptions Manager, PC Advisor

PS you can spread your payments by paying on direct debit. Pay just £17.99 every 6 months instead of £39.99 up front.

Renew your PC Advisor DVD edition subscription Select your subscription YES! I'd like to extend my subscription to PC Advisor DVD edition for 12 issues for just £39.99 - saving 33% on the newsstand price.

YES! I'd like to extend my subscription to PC Advisor DVD edition for 6 issues for just £17.99 -
by Direct Debit

P.S. IMPORTANT: This offer expires soon. Reply by within 7 days

PC Advisor is highly selective in its use of email addresses. If you do not wish to receive further occasional emails about PC Advisor special offers and services, please click here

tom_d 12:34 29 Jan 2007

Hi Newuser38

I am looking into the reasons for you receiving this email, and will be in touch shortly.

There are soon set to be several exciting renewal options, one of which I hope will be of interest to you.

I hope that you are continuing to enjoy your subscription to PC Advisor, and should you have any further queries, please feel free to contact me.

Best wishes

Tom Drummond
Subscriptions Manager

Newuser38 12:47 29 Jan 2007

Thanks Tom as a very long time subscriber on an annual basis it seems strange to have the same free offer continuing. Some thing needs sorting. good luck in the new position.

Newuser38 12:48 29 Jan 2007

Thanks Tom as a very long time subscriber on an annual basis it seems strange to have the same free offer continuing. Some thing needs sorting. good luck in the new position.

Newuser38 16:07 29 Jan 2007

Apologies for the double post only just seen it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?