PCA Renewals - Bit rude I thought

Widow's Son 10:27 25 Nov 2008

I've had a subscription for must be 10 years, and every year the write out inviting you to renew and offering some freebe or another. Not this year though, just a curt invoice for £40. I thought that's a bit rude & ignored it & have just got another.

Obviously PCA don't realise that there is a credit crunch going on and we're all looking to make savings. Well they've put themselves top the list of luxuries I can do without.

Bye bye PCA

I am Spartacus 10:52 25 Nov 2008

Maybe they do realise there's a credit crunch and can't afford gifts.

I must say that my BT, Leccy & Gas suppliers etc. are also a bit rude. They not only don't send me a gift they charge me more too.

Widow's Son 11:51 25 Nov 2008

but the advertising revenue generated by a magazine is very much dependant on the number of subscriptions it has.

The difference between them and "BT Leccy & Gas" is that they need subscribers more than subscribers need them. They previously accepted this, hence the 'gifts' and PC Pro & Computer Shopper currently accept this (hence both can be had for a year for under £15 of Tesco Vouchers)

Jameslayer 20:40 25 Nov 2008

I dont think its really that rude. Just bad marketing. I would cancel then resubscribe and get the new current gift.

spuds 22:22 25 Nov 2008

As mentioned previously, cancel your present arrangement and re-subscribe, you will most likely get a free gift as a new subscriber.

Consider though that you might lose a copy, while your new subscription is being processed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017