PC World Purchase.

Djohn 17:01 08 Feb 2003

Just been up the road and bought a Canon S530D Printer and extra cartridges, (8) USB2 cable, and it came to just tad over £300-00.

Excellent printer by the way. On the way to the checkout, I saw a very nice keyboard at £13-99, (Soft touch keys and quiet), "Rather like that" Said I. "Have with my compliments" said the salesman!

At checkout Young girl very politely enquires if I would like an extended warranty, "no thank you" says me, "Thank you Sir and have a nice day"

I left the store with the young salesman carrying my purchase to the car, and felt as though I had just had a very pleasant shopping experience.

One very happy customer. :o)

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:09 08 Feb 2003

A lot of it is down to attitude and reasonable expectations.

G

Djohn 17:22 08 Feb 2003

GANDALF <|:-)> If I remember correctly it was you that recommended Canon, must say the printing of text is up to the standard of a Laser printer, and the couple of posters I've printed off in colour are excellent too, not yet tried a photo. :o)

Belatucadrus 17:24 08 Feb 2003

The problem with PCWorld isn't unusual or confined to them. I've spoken to salestaff there who were knowledgable and keen to help. I've also spoken to some who seemed to regard the customer as a nuisence and would rather we didn't come in the shop at all.

I think i put this response in the wrong place yesterday,could someone advise if the 3 year return to base warranty on the Time Neptune 2600+ PQ in this months mag. is a misprint. TheTimecomputer website just gives you the option of a one year return to base at £0.00.all the other options are priced, eg a 3 year Coverplus support package is £249.00. If this is not a mistake i think it should not be number 1 in the Superbudget class this month.

leo49 17:30 08 Feb 2003

I think you've just done it again - 3rd time lucky maybe? :o)

grove34 18:50 08 Feb 2003

sorry did i read this post properly.. did you say that pc world GAVE you something for NOTHING.

should be alright as long as you dont take it back to them but thats another story and usually a long one.

spuds 21:23 08 Feb 2003

I have stated on occassions that PC World, can and will give good service, but like all things it depends on the staffs and customers attitude.My local PCW seemed to have a mixture of good and bad knowledgable staff, but the senior management was another thing.There as been a recent change around at top level, so lets hope that the poorer trained staff have a better future.

Djohn 20:14 10 Feb 2003

grove34, I think you must have put a jinx on me with your post at 18:50.

This morning, Mon. 10th. My two day old printer started to play up.

Phoned Canon Tech. they listened over phone and said, " That sounds a bit rough, please take it back for replacement".

Phoned PC World and they said, "Please bring back in"

Salesman offered advice and because I didn't now feel comfortable with the model of printer said, "I have a HP 7350 myself and highly recommend it"

So with his advice I changed to HP, £49-00 cheaper and once again left the shop very happy.

I am therefore a little confused, because as you can see, I have received nothing but exemplary service from PC World Norwich.

grove34 19:31 11 Feb 2003

must be just the CROYDON PURLEY WAY branch then

oresome 19:59 11 Feb 2003

Hope you or PC World remembered to exchange the spare cartridges if different?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires