PC World. "PC Performance" "Whatever Happens"

sam09 16:30 28 Aug 2009

My Laptop has been with the techguys from PC world for 2 weeks now.

Water damaged, hot coffee! Won't turn on. Buy luckily most things were backed up.

I have noticed a switch from PC Worlds "PC Performance" to the DSGI "Whatever Happens" (yes I know same company, but it was two different names with slightly different terms)

It now states that PC WORLD only have 28 days (from 6 weeks) to fix the laptop, before issuing vouchers.

Will this apply to me, as an existing customer? Or am I still on the 6 weeks?

I need a laptop ASAP, and to be honest, I would prefer a new one, but would like to know if I can push the 28 days or do I wait 6 weeks?

Thanks !

papa lazarous 18:56 28 Aug 2009

The old 28 days applies to items that are being repaired/replaced under the manufacturers warranty. As your item was accidentally damaged the manufacturer would not repair it and this is where your PCP comes in - it is under PCP that the timescale is 6 weeks. The current PCP agreements are staying the same - only the new Whatever Happens agreements have shortened this to 28 days.

WolframBlitzen 22:16 28 Aug 2009

Hi Sam

Basically, whatever you signed for, and whatever you have in black & white on your paperwork is what you get.

You don't have to wait 6 weeks. Generally the repairs are done well inside that time frame. That 6 weeks is just the MAXIMUM DSG allow themselves.

My partner spilt orange juice over his laptop last year. It was repaired and back to him in about a week and a half.

-The Blitz Man

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?