P.C. World.. new in store digital photo printers

wsdxh09 00:31 18 Dec 2003

Has anyone used the new Digital Photo Printing- in store service, at PC World. On three separate occasions I have tried to get a panoramic photo printed to A3 size, went to the two stores in Glasgow and every time I visit there are never any staff, either trained or confident enough to operate the machine. I mailed customer services and they astounded me by declaring.. they had no knowledge of any Digital Printing booths ever having been installed in any stores!!!
Why does this not surprise me.

Doug.

ajm 10:31 18 Dec 2003

The Digital Print Shop is NOT AVAILABLE TO ALL STORES. Only the big stores or stores with potential to make money from these services have them. My local PC World in Staples Corner London have these photo printers. The staff who man these printers are the ones who are in the Digital Photography section. That could be one reason why no one seems to know which stores have this service

On one occassion I have seen someone printing a large family portrait and the quality was superb.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:56 18 Dec 2003

'Why does this not surprise me'....which begs the question, why did you bother trying to use them then?

G

ams4127 20:06 18 Dec 2003

Hope springs eternal?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?