PC WORLD AND THE MISSING SOFTWARE

Helino 20:22 13 Aug 2003

Has anyone else bought a computer from PC World which has certain software on it which, when you have to use the recovery disks, you then find is not on the recovery disk at all. When querying this with PC World you are told the software you need to replace is, in fact, on a separate disk supplied at the time of purchase. In my case this was not the case and I now cannot replace lost software (more specifically Easy CD Creator).

Has anyone else experienced this type of problem with PC World and if so, how was it resolved, if at all. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

spuds 22:28 13 Aug 2003

A number of questions that you have to ask yourself on this one. When you took delivery of the machine, did you check all the extra items supplied, like disks etc.Where they missing ?.Things like Roxia Easy Cd Creator are normally supplied as a lite version on its own cd,as a bundle, unless otherwise stated.If you think PCW have done you wrong, why not have a word with them about their special promo offer on Nero, which is selling now for £19.99 as a full product with extra bonus's. Perhaps they may consider a further reduction in price,if they cannot obtain another Easy Cd.But I would think, that trying to prove the disk was not supplied in the place, will be a difficult.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?